The speed with which we move around Madrid makes that many times we dont perceive the jewels around us. The old Palace of Telecommunications is one of them. Recovered as town hall of Madrid with the last turn of the century, the former headquarters of Correos y Telégrafos is an impressive palace by the architects Antonio Palacios and Joaquin Otamendi, opened in 1919. It has a privileged location in Plaza de Cibeles, intersection of Alcalá street and Paseos of Recoletos and Prado. In the middle the fountain of the goddess that names the square and, in the remaining three corners, Linares Palace, home of La casa de America; Buenavista Palace, home of the Army Headquarters, and the Bank of Spain.