ocated in the portico of the Costa de la Muerte, the imposing rocky mass rises Sisargas Islands. Known for its spectacular barnacles, have been the scene of countless shipwrecks since one of the ships of the Navy "Invincible", the Ragazzona, sank off its coast in 1588. These islands, according to an ancient legend was the lair of a monstrous serpent Marine that terrorized fishermen from neighboring Malpica Bergantiños. The first lighthouse was built in 1853 and was replaced by the Current, dating from 1919. Uninhabited since 2004, when the last keeper retired after automation, Sisargas continued to protect the islands coast from the force of the sea, as seen in this photo taken from a rescue helicopter on a February morning, with waves reaching 15 meters.